Ellie {8 months}

Yep, you heard me right.  My baby girl is 8 months already!  When did that happen?  I never got around to making 7 month post, because really month 7 and 8 kinda blended together with everything else that's been going on!  Plus the new stuff she is up to all happened within these two months.  So some of the pictures in this post will be from when she was 7 OR 8 months old.  But really, she's cute either way so why bother! ;)



Remember when I was helping her go on a "schedule"?  Well that practically got thrown out as soon as we found out we were expecting her sibling.  I was sick, I was desperately needing help.  I let Jon and others do whatever.  Plus, I was just in survival mode.  Now that we miscarried and life is starting to get back to normal (yeah, Ellie has her Mom back!), she is still not on a "schedule."  However she seriously has always been a good baby but when tired...please PLEASE just lay her down in her crib and let her be!

As I watched her play this morning I wrote down some of the new things she is up to that compares her from the last post I made about her growth.  She has really grown up!  We've lost our baby and now she's animated, playful, noisy, and full of smiles!! :)  She has brought us joy, laughter, and seriously more love than ever.

So here's some things about her.

Ellie is about 15 pounds* which puts her in the 5%.  She is about 26 inches long which surprisingly put her in the 10-25%.  My long and lean baby! :)
*Correction: I miscalculated her weight first time around.  Her growth looks a LOT more realistic now!  My tiny baby! :)  Where do you think she gets THAT from??? ;)

Her personality is so much like the both of us.  I've always been told I was a "good" baby and everyone wanted to hold me. (I obviously have no clue, I don't remember.)  And Ellie is just that!  She is a sweetie and her facial expressions are just too cute.


She likes her bottom lip,  or showing off her two teeth, or making a "pout face" in which she looks sad but seriously she's not.  It's something we have yet to figure out why she does it and catch it on camera!

Ellie is like her Daddy because she is very observant!  She likes to sit and ponder things, interested in things, and it always seems like the wheels are turning in her mind.  People also say she looks the most like her Daddy, which I'm okay with because he (1) helped with the pregnancy (2) she's cute and (3) she's a Daddy's girl for sure!  But be aware if she's around a large crowd.  She sometimes gets a little overwhelmed.  I try to have her get a good nap beforehand, because it helps to have her fully rested!

She absolutely LOVES music.  At church on Sunday she was literally "dancing" while I was holding her.  If she hears music on TV (seriously hidden music you might not normally notice like on commercial breaks, etc) or anywhere she'll stop and look and start dancing.  She kicks her legs, smiles, and waves her arms around.  Now, I wonder where she gets that from? ;)  Because of her love of music I never try to feed her or help her take a nap during any music at church or anywhere else. She just gets too distracted!!

She's crawling, well army crawling.  She is starting to go up on her knees for awhile and "thinking" about moving those knees!  Not much longer until she'll be all over the place!  Some times she "stretches" and goes up on her hands and feet and makes her body the shape of a roof.

not long before she REALLY crawls!
Ellie is sitting.  She can do it a LOT better now.  Around Memorial Weekend is when it REALLY got good.  She doesn't necessarily put herself in a sitting position yet, but can hold herself well.


With assistance she can stand and walk.  When holding her arms she can "walk" because she's good at knowing what to do with her legs.  She still enjoys going up on her tip toes like a ballet dancer, but getting better at being flat footed.  Jon and I love "practicing walking" with her.  She's really happy when she does it.  Not long before we have a walker!  Jon and I are both excited and kinda bummed at the same time.  That means she's growing up, will cause us to quickly check on her where-abouts, and we don't have a baby anymore.

Jon let go!
Oh Ellie....you love discipline.  As of now.  You get into stuff.  I tell you "no" or swat your hand if it's more dangerous item and you look at me and SMILE.  Wait, what?  You cutie.


Baby girl you like to get into all sorts of things.  If someone is holding you, you want to taste test their necklace or pull on it.  Let's just say Mom doesn't wear necklaces as often as she used to.  You loves cords...you name it she wants it.  Yesterday I went to the store and carried her in the car seat and put my wallet and paper check list in her seat to make it easier to carry inside.  I got in she had started chewing on the paper.  Note to self: put in pocket next time!

Did I mention you realized what your voice can do?  It almost sounds like you are unhappy.  But let's just say people at Cheesecake Factory on Uncle Ryan's birthday KNEW you were there! ;)

We also call you Bi-polar Baby.  When you are getting tired or already past tired but not able to go to sleep (no crib, out of house, etc), you let us know by letting out your tired noises.  But not long after that you can switch it off and on and become happy again.  Even laugh!  Every one loves our content, happy baby!

Or a Mother's Day gift of falling asleep
while out for lunch

Well, that's our sweet Ellie.  Can't believe she's already 8 months old!
Can't forget the picture to show the growth on the mat.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....