Playing Chicken

This yummy chicken strip recipe is taken from Parenting magazine issue 270 (Dec/Jan 2013).  There are eight recipes total, but tonight I tried the All-American recipe.

Ingredients for All-American Chicken Strips:
Chicken breasts cut into strips (or chicken tenders would work)


Egg lightly beaten
Flour
Bread Crumbs
Chopped cooked bacon
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Dipping Sauce (they recommended blue cheese dressing, but I'm doing ranch or BBQ sauce)

Directions:
1.  Cook bacon; preheat oven to 400*
(Meanwhile)
2. Cut chicken into strips
3. Spray pan (didn't mention this but I did it for easier clean up)
4. Beat egg; dip chicken in egg then cover with flour, place in pan
5. Cover chicken: bread crumbs, chopped bacon, and shredded cheese
6. Bake at 400 for 20 mins. (or until chicken is done)



*I served with leftover Alfredo pasta (from Cheesecake Factory) and fresh cooked broccoli, but obviously do whatever you want. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....