In Awe of My Savior

Remember this post?  Well, Jon and I had a wonderful weekend of hanging out together after being apart for four days.  It was nice to catch up and I know he appreciated company at the apartment.  On Sunday we attended our church here in Cedar Rapids.

When we got there Ellie was content and I was thinking she would probably fall asleep during the service.  However it was too close to her next "feeding time" so she was set on eating before falling back asleep, so I had to miss out on the worship part of the service.  Bummer.  Our church always does one song at the end of the service, so I was looking forward to it.

After a wonderful sermon we were led in the last song of the service.  And with tears held in my eyes I lifted my hands to praise my Savior.  Because after that longing of wanting to worship my King that morning, we were led in a song that was so dear to my heart this week.

As I sang these words, I thanked my Lord.  He led me in a song that I needed.  He knew if I were to have one song that morning to bring praise and worship to him-  it was that one.  The one song I wrote a blog post about!  The one song that led me in praise already before during this time of my life.

And as my selfish self sat there holding my Ellie, I had to stand and lift my hands up in praise.  My God loves me, even when I'm selfish.  Even when I want things my way.  Our God IS the healer.  Through all my wants and needs.  He still shows me He loves me.  And someday I can thank Him for His grace and tell my daughter all about it.

OUR GOD
Water You turned into wine
Open the eyes of the blind
There's no one like You
None like You
Into the darkness You shining
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like You
None like You

CHORUS
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... 

Into the darkness you shining
Out of the ashes we Rise
There's no One like You
None like You.

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... 
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... 
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/c/chris_tomlin/our_god_is_greater.html ]
BRIDGE
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....