Perfect Meal for a spicy kind of guy!

Mexican Beef and Bean Casserole
(aka Mexican Casserole at the Kaisands)

Jon loves Mexican so I know I couldn't go wrong with this --and it's SO easy to make!  bonus! :)

1 pound ground beef
2 cans pinto beans
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
(I just use whatever I have on hand for red pasta sauce.)
1/2 cup mild chunky-style salsa
(I just used medium salsa since Jon loves the extra kick!)
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
(I use whatever cheese I already have.)
8x8 pan
aluminum foil

375*
Cook the beef in a skillet until fully cooked; drain.
Rinse and drain beans.  Mix the beef, beans, tomato sauce, salsa, and chili powder in an ungreased baking pan (8x8 casserole pan).
Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until hot and bubbly.
Carefully remove lid and sprinkle cheese on top.  Continue baking UNCOVERED for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Put on plate with some rolls or something and watch your hubby scarf it down!
He also says it would be good as a burrito!  Yeah! :)
I love having those kind of options to change things up a bit!

-Taken from Betty Crocker's Cooking Basics cook book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....