Meal Planning

Long post because I'm including some directions and ingredients.....Sunday and Monday food!!

Without having to work this past Friday AND Monday (yesterday), I received this extra energy boost.  (Like cleaning.  I cleaned their house, the apartment, etc.)  However my other boost was given to me for cooking.  Thankfully!

Sunday night was small group which I was pretty pumped about.  That probably also gave me another good amount of energy. :)  We had tacos and I brought dessert...

Brownie Cake from Betty Crocker's Cooking Basics cook book. yumm yumm yumm!
My mom got me this book as a gift for one of my bridal showers and inside it says, "Can't go too long with out brownie cake!"  And oh it is SO true! :)

Here's the list of goods...
350*
Grease (or cooking spray) bottom of 9in round pan, sprinkle flour and have it evenly spread out sticking to the grease and remove excess flour.

Mix: in a medium bowl with wire whisk
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs

-Pour into greased and floured pan
-Bake 40-45 minutes (or 30 mins in the Kaisand oven) or until top appears dry
-While it's baking cut the strawberries in friendly-sized pieces . :)  Because strawberries are so good with it.  (raspberries are a good option too)
-Cool cake for 10 minutes, remove from pan and place on cooling rack or just leave it in the pan
-Top with powdered sugar and serve with strawberries

yum yum yum!!! :)

Monday I was good to go and happy.  I had nothing else better to do then clean and cook.  But I put some food in the crock pot because it was something new.  NEW NEW NEW.  Can you believe it?  I made something new.  It smelled so sweet all day long! YEAH! :)

What you need and what to do:
Pork roast (or beef roast because that's what I had)
Carrots (as many as you desire)  or you could use dried apricots if you love them
Place onion in freezer with outer layers off for 15-20 mins prior to cutting.  It helps with the tear-issue.
1 medium onion, thickly sliced (seriously thick)
1 cup chicken stock (or beef is using beef roast)
1 (18 oz) apricot preserves (I used Walmart brand, but Smucker's is good too.)
2 T Dijon mustard (again I just used mustard because I use what I have)
1 T thyme leaves
salt and pepper
plus...some stuff for roast which I'll include soon.

First, layer bottom of crock pot with onions and carrots (or those dried apricots).
Then season roast with: onion powder, garlic salt, cinnamon and place in crock pot.
Mix in a bowl with a whisk: preserves, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper, (mix well) and then add the stock.  The stock will make it soup-like but that's okay as long as you got the other stuff mixed in well.
Pour it over the roast and it cooks for 6 hours.


Enjoy!

More to come for what I made AFTER dinner Monday for Tuesday night's meal! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....