Yummy, Chicken Parmesan

While sitting here eating my craving for this week (BBQ chips), I've decided to share with all of you my latest favorite recipe!  My hubby ate it and it filled him up where he didn't have to eat another helping!!!  Yeah for leftovers!! :)
I love this dish, because you can really change it up with different side dishes to go along with it.  If you have any other ideas, let me know!
Oh, by the way, I know you heard that I had a craving.  Just to keep things clear...I'm not expecting a little Kaisand anytime soon!

I got this yummy recipe from a Des Moines magazine that I found at my parent's house.

Ingredients:
1/4 c Italian seasoning and dry bread crumbs (mixed together)
1/4 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
(I only had three, but I cut them up to about the size of a chicken finger.)
1/4 c Mayo
1/2 c Traditional pasta sauce
1/2 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I didn't measure this out.  I just took small handfuls to layer the chicken.)

Directions:
1. Combine bread and crumbs mixture with Parmesan cheese in a dish.
2. Put chicken in a baking pan and preheat the oven to 425*
3. Coat mayo on chicken.  (The recipe said to put the chicken in a ziploc bag to coat the chicken with the mayo, but I like to do it cheap style.  I just took a spoon and coated the tops of the chicken with mayo.)
4. Put on crumb mixture. (I just layered it on the top of the chicken.  It tasted just fine, plus it was faster.)
5. Bake for 20 minutes (make sure chicken is cooked).
6. Evenly top chicken with pasta sauce, then mozzarella cheese
7. Bake additional 3 minutes or so (until cheese is done).

I put chicken on top of noodles and pasta sauce.  I also served it with green beans and hash browns.
They say you can serve it with noodles or rice.  Jon and I are more pasta people.
It was really yummy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....