Encouragement for all Eve's

*Note: Jon was totally honest with me with this subject.  He is a wonderful husband!  And I thank him for his honesty!  I also want you to know that I had no idea where I was taking this post when I first starting writing it out. :)

Last week I was reading books to help me become a better wife.  Now, I'm not saying you have to read books to become a better wife.  I was just reading them to learn more about Jon (men in general), so I can be able to understand where Jon is coming from as a man.  While reading these books, it constantly reminded me of all the different things that make men who they are, so while reading I asked Jon to see where he fit in all the different categories.  
Obviously, one of the sections was about how guys are visual people.  I talked about it with Jon to get a better understanding of what it meant for him.  It got me thinking though, how did man get this visual side to them?  Was it given to them from the beginning or after the fall of man?  Was it at one point not a sinful act or thought?  

So of course I went to the beginning for my search.  I dropped my literature and went straight to the Truth!

"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."  
So God created man in his own image, 
in the image of God he created him; 
male and female he created them.  

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.  Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."  Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.  They will be yours for food.  And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food."  And it was so......Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.  And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground--trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.....

(After Adam names all the animals.)

"But for Adam no suitable helper was found.  So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.  Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.  
The man said, 
"This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; 
she shall be called woman for she was taken out of man."

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.  The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame."
Genesis  1:26-2:25 (skipping a few parts)


I thought it was interesting how God mentions that everything in the garden was good and it was pleasing to the eye.  When God creates a woman, Adam (the man) is sleeping.  So when he wakes up he sees a woman.  Visually, guys can only imagine what Adam saw that day! :)  Can you imagine what Eve looked like that day?  The first woman ever created, and sinless.  They were both naked and felt no shame.  But I also thought it was interesting how Scripture mentions they became man and wife, and then it mentioning them being naked.  They were naked that whole time, but they didn't become "one flesh" until AFTER becoming man and wife.
God shows us a great example from the very beginning.

I don't know about you, but I know I have made many mistakes in my past, and even today!
There were probably days I wore something that wasn't God-honoring.  I know there are days where I'm acting like Eve when she took the fruit from the forbidden tree (Genesis 2:15, 3:6).  Or days where I'm not honoring my husband the way I should.  But this is an encouragement to all you ladies out there.  Scripture says that after the fall God took man OUT of that wonderful, perfect garden.  But God doesn't plan on keeping us here.  Someday He will come.  On that day I can't wait to see my Father!  The one who loves me enough even after all I have done and all the things I'll do until then.

I know I can rest knowing I am in peace, in Him.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....