Summer Ending

Not only is summer ending but that means August as well.  I need to post about August!

The early weeks were filled with Jon not looking forward to school starting and me not looking forward to it either.  I was just not looking forward to less time with him and I knew it was hard on him to think of how much more stress school would cause.  On top of working and going to class he was going to receive lots of school work, hours of studying.  I was just not looking forward to it at all.  But God encouraged me to be His wife who would: encourage, support, and help Jon in any way I can!

This month marked the second time my friend Kate drove up to visit me at the apartment!  It was so nice to catch up with her on life.  She shared wonderful insights on her life and how the mission trip to South Dakota went.  (It was my first year in seven years not to go.)

The first weekend in August Jon and I went to Johnston because my sister, Elizabeth was due with her second daughter.  I wanted to be with my parents to catch a ride with them down to KC to see my new niece.  Annabelle Marie Behrens was born on Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 4:16am.  (Liz check me if I'm wrong on the time.)  She is an absolute doll and I miss her so much!  Her big sister Evelyn loves her too!

The second weekend we went down to our niece's birthday party.  We spent Saturday with some friends playing games and just had some good conversations.

The third weekend we visited with Kate spending a lot of time together!  It was so much fun playing games and enjoying life together!  That Sunday night we helped at Timberline by watching the kids so the parents could focus on the church meeting.

This past week has been hectic.  Jon started school and we've been adjusting to this new schedule.  My parents were in KC helping my sister adjust to two children, so I was on call for my other sister here in Ankeny.  I was so excited to hear Melissa would probably have her baby earlier than expected!  (She has never gone into labor before her due date!)  So I got to their house Wednesday morning at 4am to help out.  Melissa had her fourth baby boy at 10:36am Wednesday, August 25, 2010.  He weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and 22 inches long.  He is an absolute wonderful baby!

Today marks the last weekend in August.  Jon and I stayed in Ames.  We had nothing we had to be in Johnston for.  It's going to take awhile to get used to not visiting Timberline, family, and friends.  Ames is my new home.  Home is where Jon is!

This is the Kaisand Home.  The Kaisand Korner! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....