Why I don't "hate" Matt Walsh and his blog...

....I just don't like it.

This week I posted an article about hating Matt Walsh.  With the post I said "truth" which let me clarify with what I meant.

I wasn't saying the title of the article was truth.  I don't hate a blogger.  What I was referring to was hating how he goes about his blog.  Christians share his blog posts cheering for his beliefs.  And I shared that article because I strongly disagree with which he goes about doing so.

I'm not someone who likes backlash on Facebook.  I don't enjoy strong disagreements on Facebook.  So I apologize for bringing that into focus.  That was not my intentions.  My desire was to share that I'm not a Matt Walsh fan in what he says and does on his blog.

And that's why I don't comment when someone isn't willing to read the entire article.  Please don't read just a few lines and strongly disagree and start putting it out on me.  Ask my intentions and don't be quick to judge.  {And I desire that to be honored because even though it is social media, it is on my page.}

Part of my faith journey has been learning to not be so quick to judge, being more open minded, and I feel like Matt Walsh does the opposite of that.  And that is what I wanted to bring to the table.

If you want to sit and chat with me about it you can.  E-mail me.  Private message me.  But stay open minded and try to see it from a different point of view.  Someone who might see the church as already judgmental and hurtful.  And I don't want to be a part of that.

1 Peter 3:15-22
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 
17 It is better, if it is God's will,to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 
18 For Christ died for sins once for all,the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 
19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 
20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 
21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 
22 who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand--with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....