Blessing for Hubs

"Wives are given a gift, they get to bless their husbands."
                                                                                           -Jonathan's wife

But Mary, you don't know what my husband has done, said, or won't stop....!

Doesn't the Bible say for husbands to love their wives (Ephesians 5:25)?  My husband is not good at loving me.

It's so easy to blame others.  I know it is.  But if we spend all our time blaming "our man" and not looking inward we are not doing ourselves any favors.

Sure, get upset when your hubby comes home late from work.  AGAIN.

Be annoyed when he leaves his dirty clothes on the floor.  AGAIN.

Cry when he forgets to say good-bye when he leaves in the morning.  AGAIN.

Get angry when he responds with your home-cooked meal as being not as good as his mom can do.  AGAIN.

Feel lonely when he doesn't help around the house or with the kids.  AGAIN.

What about that time he planned something without telling you?  AGAIN.

But with reacting to that in a negative way, will it change what hubby does?  Is he finally going to like every meal you make, be home on time, or help around the house?  Not mine.  And I'm guessing yours won't either.

The other day my mom said she heard a good thought from a speaker.  He said, "Assume the best from your spouse."  It changes your attitude and your response.



When hubby is late from work, "I assume my hubby got stuck behind an accident, I'm so glad he made it home safe!"  or "I'm sure he is super tired and not meaning to bug me when he leaves his dirty clothes on the floor."

When you ASSUME the best and your RESPONSE is positive, how much more likely are you going to RECEIVE a positive response?

Your goal isn't to change your husband.  You have the option to bless him.



So give your hubby a little love today and let him know how much you appreciate him!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....