Christmas Letter 2011

Jon and I love receiving pictures and updates about your family and we know how much fun it is to receive one. :)  However we feel like at this time in our life our letter wouldn't be worth sending out financially.  So I will sit down with Jon sometime and we will write you a letter and post it here for all of you to enjoy.  However I haven't seen my hubby for over 24 hours.  Which is a big deal to me due to my top two love languages being touch and time together.  However I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening when we finally get to see each other!!

Jon has been so overly stressed over all the school work that is due and it's been intense.  It also didn't help that Wed-Friday I was sick.  He has a lot left to do before Monday and I can only imagine what the next two weeks are going to look like.  Hallelujah only one more semester left of this!  May is going to be such an AWESOME month and I just can't wait!


But let me tell you a few things that have been our highlights through out this year. :)

January:  a fun-filled family vacation in Kansas City at Great Wolf Lodge

Jon and I holding nephew,
Frank at dinner time
                                                       
February: I had an interview to become a nanny in Ames. :)

March: Now knowing I got the position, I wasn't planning on starting until April 1st.  However their previous nanny had her baby early and they needed me March 21st. :)
The girl's new bedroom since she became a big sister,
August 2011
                                   
April: filled with fun weekend parties and preparing for our friends Ryan and Britney's wedding in May. :)
Easter <3
                                                       
May: a busy month no matter what.  My sister, Melissa and I share a birthday on the 5th, Rosebud meetings Sunday nights, parties for Britney's upcoming wedding, their wedding on the 21st, and brother Ryan's birthday the 30th.  May was also a month of  a huge blessing.  I was supposed to end my nanny position around the 15th.  However they decided to hold on to me, and Jon and I have been thankful for the wonderful provision.

Birthday Cake!


June: one-year anniversary! :)  We enjoyed a getaway at Bed & Breakfast in Jon's hometown.  This month Jon and I also got the privilege of going on our first mission's trip together as a couple.  We went to South Dakota Indian Reservation.  It was my eighth year going, and Jon's first.  It was a great experience for both of us and I was joyfully showing him why my heart is so stretched there. :)
Our room on our anniversary getaway
                             
The best picture we got of the two of us on our anniversary.....ooops!


Rosebud Mission Trip in Ideal, SD
                                   

Jon and I serving the team together :)
                       
July: Chances of spending time with family for birthdays, the holiday, and cousin's wedding.
Fourth of July (we both had blue suckers)
                                       

Jon caught this:: my cousin's wedding
                                                 
August: was a wonderful month :)  Before school started back up for Jon we were blessed to have our friends Mike and Megan get married.  We also went on a couple's vacation with Ryan and Britney in Kansas City.  August 31st the family I nanny for went from having one to two kids.  Making my job a little bit more interesting. :)
Yeah for marriage party! :)  Mike & Megan!
                                 
World's of Fun
(vacation with newlywed friends)
                                                   

World's of Fun with friends! :)
                                             
September: Annual Tometich Family reunion (my dad's side) and then Labor Day at Adventureland.  My small group also helped me surprise Jon for his birthday by hanging out at Ledges State Park.

Nephews and niece celebrating Jon for bday
                                         
October: We had our two nephews stay over night (my sister's oldest boys).  She went down to Kansas City to help my other sister prepare to get her new house ready to move in.  October also means Jon's friend's annual Harvest Party.  Later this month Jon and I met up with my parents and brother to help my sister out on her new house.
Playing with my sister's girls while everyone else worked on getting new house ready to move into
                                    
November: So excited to announce that this is the month when our small group officially started consistently! :)  We've really enjoyed seeing--Ryan, Britney, Mike, and Megan--every Sunday night.  It's been a blessing to grow along side of them and continue to pray and keep each other accountable.  There's a picture of us all at Adventureland (Labor Day) on the side of this blog.  We also chuckle how all of the women in the small group has worn the same veil at their own wedding. :)  And of course November is also a month of Thanks and enjoying time with family and friends...and can't forget all the good food!

Our Newlywed Small Group :)
                                                     
                         
Jon's extended family
Thanksgiving table
                                                       
December:  Even though it has just begun, there's already plenty to share.  Jon has a lot of updates on his future and right now really focused on getting this semester accomplished.  I miss being able to spend time with him and thankful for the times when I get a chance to be with him.  Jon has a face interview with Principal this coming Friday.  It would be a position for this coming summer, which would begin immediately following his college graduation.


Over all, 2011 has given us a chance to lean on God for His provision.  To fully grow in our faith in Him and know Who has the best plan for us.  We are so thankful for everyone who has supported us and prayed for us along the way.  We've been enjoying this year and a half together as husband and wife, and would like to take this moment to thank all of you for your support and interest in investing your time in giving us wisdom and used your gifts to encourage our relationship.  God's provision has definitely been clear this year and we just want to give Him all the praise for where we are today.  To Him be the glory for ever and ever.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....