Freedom on Facebook

What does freedom (of speech, thoughts, actions, status', etc) on Facebook truly look like?

Who knows anymore?

I don't.

But for me.....this past year (more so months) I've noticed I need to take a step back.

What is Facebook?

For me Facebook is having the option of connecting with people and friends you don't always see.

I like seeing what you ate for dinner, or how your Christmas tree looks.  I like seeing the pictures you put up of your messy house (or clean), your cute kids, babies, and families.  I like hearing your newest thoughts and your inspirational ideas.

But for me....as soon as Facebook starts to share opinions and ideas beyond the sweetness of what it should be....I'm done.

And I say that meaning to be nice, not mean.  I'm saying that because I don't want my issues to become elevated on Facebook.  That was not my intention and not Facebooks (as far as I know).  I don't want to come across as self-righteous.  Because I'm far from it.

If there is something I am passionate about, I will now make a blog post.  It will allow me time to think it through, take the time to ponder a post, and allow others to email me their responses and thoughts.  If I don't get an email I will not be responding.  I will politely answer back on email.

Facebook isn't perfect.  It's filled with imperfect people.

And me being one of them, this is where I take my stand.  This is where I stop.

The actions I am taking are for my own good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....