Jesus Paid it All

i didn't really mean that.

i'm just kidding.

why did you do that?

don't they know that hurts my feelings?

why are they not doing that for me?

don't i deserve this?

can't you do this one thing for me?

it's not that important.

he will understand.

let me do this one thing first, then....

don't we all from time to time?

you'll do it for me, right?

the endless thoughts that run in our minds from time to time.  moment to moment.  why?  because we are human.  and the argument inside your mind can cause it to continue on and on and on.  and i'm so thankful for this



because it saves me from the unending grace.

because with out it i wouldn't be me and you wouldn't be you.

and the fact is we could do nothing.  in fact we have done nothing.  nothing to deserve this.

heaven

and yet God gave us this


and no i wasn't about to pick one of those church pictures of nicely cut hair Jesus on the cross with nails.  i picked something a little bit more realistic.  something i wish i saw way before i was 14.  before then i didn't truly understand what it meant.  it was the typical sunday school answer.  jesus paid for my sins.  all of them.  awesome teacher that's nice.  i believe in him, that's cool.

but no!

it wasn't easy.

it was God's Son.

God provided a promise.  and it was fulfilled.  and i never got it completely.

until I lay here next to my daughter.


because Jesus paid it all.  All to him I owe.  He wiped me white as snow.

so my daughter wouldn't have to.

so i could be with Him.

God watched his Son pay.  So my husband, my daughter, my future children, and i could have life.  and especially you.

eternal life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....