Prince Charming

Growing up I absolutely loved the Disney classics.  Who am I kidding?  I still love them!  My heart would melt as I watched humbled Cinderella fall in love with the Prince and when Belle was serving the Beast.  To a little girl  it was hope of the future.  Some man out there would be my Prince Charming and we would live happily ever after.  But the part of the story I was missing was the part about what the women did.
The Prince didn't fall in love with Cinderella because she had a pretty dress on or a perfect face.  He fell in love with her character, personality, and loving spirit.  Cinderella was such a cheerful person!  How often have I let days go by and let Jon know what I was thinking and held on to it all day long?

I started rereading a book all about being a good helpmeet to your husband.  (Now it feels a little bit more relevant now that I'm actually married.)  I read a section out loud to Jon, and he said "absolutely true!"  The writer told this story of an older woman at this store, not on the pretty scale, and overweight, but all the guys were acting like they were attracted to her.  When asking her husband he mentioned she was very sweet and nice looking.  How could this be she wondered?
The next time they went to the store the same woman was talking to her daughter with harsh words and there was no happy spirit about her.  The writer's husband had a new comment to say.  "Who is that woman?  Have we seen her before?"
The men were not attracted to her because she didn't have a joyful heart!


It's amazing the reaction you can receive from your husband when you have a joyful heart!  It shows on your face and puts them in an uplifting mood!  Who doesn't want their husbands to be in a good mood?
All day yesterday I challenged my sinful heart to smile all day long.  Allow Jon to see his wife cheerful and in an upbeat mood.  If I needed something from him I smiled and asked him for help, but also telling him he didn't have to and it would be okay.  I never made him feel like he ever had to do anything for me.  When he said no I didn't let him know, think that it really hurt me, or affected me by having a huge reaction of hurtfulness.  After a day of just joyfulness, today I can look back on it and think......you know?  I don't ever remember being in a bad mood.  I don't remember ever feeling hurt.  All I remember is spending wonderful time with my husband.  Both laughing and enjoying whatever we did.

Some verses to ponder, notice what they have in common:
"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."   I Thessalonians 5:16-17

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."  Proverbs 15:30

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."  James 1:2-3

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."  Romans 12:12

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13

I thought it was interesting how it says to be joyful, and when fail to be consistent in prayer.  It never says to let someone else know, but to lift it up to God  (ooops!).  It also mentions that being joyful is a command by God.  I'm going to continue to pray to ask for God to help me to be a joyful and cheerful person.  We can't do it alone.  Who's with me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Things that change with a baby....