My Experience with Church Response

In the past years I've personally experienced some things that desperately needs to be brought to the surface. 

How do I say this lightly? The Church has to take a step back and rethink some things.  There is a definite difference between grace, mercy, and acceptance.  Giving grace and being supportive is not saying "I 100% agree that this is good.  I accept you because I agree with you."

Let's support and love on people because that's what Jesus would do.

Show love and kindness to parents.  Include them.

Let women lead connection groups and allow them to speak up at church.

There needs to be a stronger ministry for high school graduates through newlywed life.

There needs to be support for those who life looks different then what God had originally planned.

Let me explain:

Growing up I would think such poorly about those who lived differently than me.  Why do they think getting drunk on weekends and going to church like no big deal was okay?  Why are there divorces within the churches and broken families?  Don't Christians know how to do premarital counseling?  Why is there adultery?  Why did God have to include that in commandments? 

What about child abuse?  Why are people on drugs okay?  Why are we not praying?  Why do Christians always seem and come off so judgmental and perfect?

Because we grow up with rules and guidelines and if life situations come our way that don't "fit" we quickly judge and turn away.

But you just turned away everyone you know.  

We have all fallen short, it just looks different in each heart and each family.

In the past couple years I've dealt with trying to find support and a small group of church friends to live life along side.  Why has it been so difficult?
Because reality hit.  Sin came to surface.  Pain and confusion became part of my life.  It didn't "fit" with what believers could take on.  I felt thrown out like an old rag.

Since then I've found those who are there to listen.  And unfortunately not within my community of believers.

Why is that?  Why does it take looking outside my church community to find those who will support, hear me out, cry, mourn, grieve, and keep on living with me?  Why was I pushed out from the people who I trusted to begin with?

What will it take to have The Church respond differently?  How do you respond to "tough situations"?  What about situations you disagree with?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Blog Party! :)