Home is where God leads us...

The Lord has really been strengthening the Kaisand marriage these past couple months.  I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.  He has truly stepped up and been the supporter of our family. :)  Not only has he become such a trooper with helping out around the apartment, cooking, cleaning, and visiting me at work helping with the kids.....he has really stepped up and been a great husband! :)  One night I remember looking at him and smiling.  I told him that,

"Where ever God places us...know that I'm right there with you.  I love you so much and know that we are a family.  I'm going where you are going.  I'm right beside you, to support you, and build you up!"

As soon as I was truly okay and accepting the fact that Jon could end up with a job outside of the Des Moines area (near family), I wanted him to know.  As soon as he knew, he was blessed with a job....outside of the Des Moines area.  But that's not all the details that fell into place.  There are so many pieces to the puzzle of this position that made it clear that Jon should accept the job.  How often are you gifted with a position the morning of your graduation ceremony?  (May I also mention that we had prayed that he would receive a job before he graduated?  God is faithful.  And it is so amazing to see His Hand at work in our lives!  A great reminder to trust Him!)

I was also concerned about the transition with my job as we prepared to move away from Ames, but for a long time the "time frame" for when we moved was up in the air for a long time.  We had a lot of unanswered questions and didn't know for sure when my last day of work should be.  Finding a new nanny can take time and we wanted the family I worked for to be in the know of what we knew as soon as we could.  But it's hard when you have no idea....the only thing we knew was we were for sure moving end of July when our lease was up.  Unexpectedly they found someone a lot quicker then anyone thought, and she was ready to start whenever she could.  Sometime in May it would be good for her to start.  I understand when you are waiting for a job and needing to get the income asap, so Jon and I discussed the dates and decided May 17th could be my last day.  It was decided that the 14th would be my last day and I would "train" the new nanny.

May 3rd Jon had an interview at RuffaloCODY in Cedar Rapids and returns with "I think it went well, they'll let me know by tomorrow morning if I got the position."  Okay if they say by the next day that's a pretty good sign!!  May 4th was Jon's graduation and we awoke with a phone call.  The position would start ASAP and has good benefits and decent salary! :)  The rest of the morning is a blur of my husband walking aimlessly around the apartment and making phone calls.  He also started to look at apartments in Cedar Rapids area so I started to be in shock of the realization of it all.  Then the thought came to mind, I just told my husband not that long ago that I would go where ever he went.  This is my chance to stick to my word and trust in the Lord with His plans for us.  So we discussed we would finish packing for the weekend and get ready for the graduation and just focus on celebrating and figure out details later.  However they wanted to know about his decision by Monday or Tuesday, not giving us much time to consider too many options.

after the grad ceremony
                                   
The next day was my (and my sister's) birthday.  We didn't have a lot of time to discuss a whole lot but had shared the info with the family.  But I knew Jon had already decided in his mind....he was going to accept the position.

To make an even longer story shorter...this is how everything went down:
My last day as a nanny was this last Friday (May 11th).  Then that afternoon Jon and I drove to Cedar Rapids to check out the city and went to Fairfax to look at the apartment we are hoping to get!  It's in a great location and not far from his new job!  It will fit us perfectly! :)  Pictures will be posted asap. :)  The hard part is Jon starts his job May 21st (yeah I know quick!) but we can't move into this new apartment until June 4th.  So there's plenty of planning to work out with that, but we are ready to move out of our one-bedroom apartment! :)  Looking forward to making the new place ours and getting ready for the baby.  Another thing might I add....finding someone in Cedar Rapids area to go to for all our needs with this baby and you know....delivering the little one!  But we know the Lord will provide.  Just like He will provide us with a church to call ours and some friends. Yes, hopefully we'll make friends...long lasting relationship ones!  I can't imagine being far from our family and friends and loosing out on our kids growing up around them.  Jon and I plan to move back to Des Moines at some point, but in the mean time we know this is where God is placing us.  Time to make Cedar Rapids feel like home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was raised by a strict purity culture, and my father is a narcissistic sex addict

Every Voice Matters

Blog Party! :)